Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day two in Colombia April 2007

I had a hard time deciding on the title for this e-mail. On the one hand "Day two" would put this e-mail in perspective, on the other hand "First Blood on the Streets of Bogota" would really grip you in suspense! The blood letting was very exciting by the way, seeing a guy with blood trickling down his head and onto his cloths is not something I see all the time at home. Not speaking the language I was forced to read the alarm in his wife´s face, the bewilderment in his son´s eyes, I had to guess as to the instructions the paramedics were giving him. Finally, here was my first evidence of the violence that has made Bogota so infamous. Sandra´s telling me that the guy fell when he was in the bathroom was anticlimactic to say the least.

The day was short because Sandra had spent most of it at the embassy (she was approved for a visa by the way). Sandra´s father got us into his gym which so far has been the best part of my trip! The "caliente Colombianas" were out in full force today and some of the "chickas" were wearing less than some people wear to bed. I can´t imagine a better motivation for a guy at the gym, I spent 2.5 hours working-out and burning at least a 150,000 calories. Hey, I can look as long as I don´t touch (right guys?).

We ate at my favorite crepes place for dinner, was two crepes two much? Not after the workout I had been through!

Tomorrow we are going out of town, I will e-mail more upon my return.

Christos en Bogota

PS "Papa Fritas con Sabor Polio" anyone? Chicken flavored potato chips? Maybe on my next trip.

No comments: