The impetus for this blog is my incessant friend at identitycafe. Though over time we have both been blown across this globe we have never been blown apart.
Although always grateful for the web and how it has helped me keep in touch with friends and family (whom I would have lost touch with in another era), I seldom take the time to ponder the greater impact.
Though the world has become smaller (or "flat" as some have written), it has also become deeper. At our fingertips we have the power to access information on virtually anything; to read, see, and hear the arts and thoughts of others. Perhaps most importantly however, almost all of us now have the ability to write, say, and display our arts and thoughts in a medium that accumulates them, preserves them, and transfers them across time and space.
So here I sit (some would say in the middle of nowhere), sharing with you (who I guess live in the middle of everywhere?) my thoughts.
A few weeks ago artois posted, that blogging under other names is: ...Λέγεται ανάγνωση περιοδικού ποικίλης ύλης, λέγεται ζάππινγκ, λέγεται εύκολος τρόπος να περάσει το ωράριο εργασίας, λέγεται ματιά στις κλειδαρότρυπες κάποιων, λέγεται τρόπος επέκτασης του κύκλου γνωριμιών ή πελατών, λέγεται μέσον κάλυψης ανασφαλειών δια της πρόκλησης του θαυμασμού, λέγεται ψευδαίσθηση επικοινωνίας. In English his gist is that "...blogging is the illusion of communication, a way of covering one's insecurity via the coveting of admiration...".
I respectfully disagree with artois and though this is my first blog ever and though I plan to share it only with friends and family (you are welcome to share with your friends and family) I see little difference between this and other (traditional) ways of communicating and sharing with others. In fact, I have read blog postings that are better than some books I have had the misfortune to read; not to mention than in this day and age anybody can be an author in the traditional way (don't take my word for it, see lulu).
Thus, with the tools of my time and the muse* of blog I hope my rantings bring you, if nothing else, amusement!
Later,
Christos
*Which one of the nine muses would this be? Clio? Melpomene? Thalia?... or perhaps a tenth?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome welcome!
Eimai pragmatika xaroumenos pou diavasa to prwto sou post!
Se lew " o sofos mou filos" epomenws tha anamenw me anypomonysia ta keimena sou edw. To xerw oti kati exw na kerdisw diavazontas kathe ena apo ayta!
Kalimera!
Post a Comment